38: Off to the Races
Think thread safety with Swift is the same as C languages, with slightly different syntax? Think again!
- Enable core dumps:
ulimit -c unlimited
- Mutating functions require exclusive access:
- "Calling a mutating method on a value type is a write access that lasts for the duration of the method."
- TSan with SwiftPM: https://twitter.com/simjp/status/929140877540278272
- Running TSan on CI: https://github.com/realm/SwiftLint/pull/1944
- WIP Adding first-party support for tsan to SwiftPM: https://github.com/apple/swift-package-manager/pull/1390
- SwiftPM Slack: https://swift-package-manager.herokuapp.com/
Leave a review on iTunes and join http://spectrum.chat/specfm/swift-unwrapped